...from the Boatanchor Image Library website...
HX-50 transmitter/exciter built by Hammarlund in May 1963.
The HX-50 provides 165 watts of CW, 180 watts SSB PEP, and 75 watts of AM power input on 80-10m.
The 11 tube lineup is as follows:
Power requirement is 250 watts for key down CW at 117/230 VAC.
- 6C10 Sideband Switching and Carrier Oscillator/1st and 2nd Audio
- 6EW6 3Mc Band Pass Amplifer
- 6AW8A 1st Mixer and Heterodyne Crystal Oscillator
- 6BA7 2nd Mixer
- 6AU6 VFO
- 6BV8 Voice Control Diodes/VOX Amplifer
- 12AT7 Relay Tube/Anti-Trip Amplifier
- 5R4GYB High Voltage Rectifier
- 12BY7A Driver Amplifier
- 6DQ5 Power Amplifier
- OA2 Voltage Regulator
The unit measures 17.5" x 14.0" x 9.125" and weighs 40 lbs.
See RigPix for more information on the HX-50.
http://www.frobenius.com/hx50.htm -- Last Revision: 01 January 2011
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 Jack Harper